Tuesday 11 August 2009

it was only a matter of time


A couple of days ago my friend Sarah, who was having a particularly bad day, was walking her lovely little jack russell Jack through her home town of Penryn, Cornwall. In the street, she told me, she met a woman who informed her that she had once owned a pair of jack russells just like Jack and that she had loved them very much. She then went on to explain how one of them had died and the other had tried to kill itself. She suggested to Sarah that she love every moment of Jack's life as if it were his last. My response to this was 'What a lovely story..' and Sarah went on to explain how the woman had slightly mad and was carrying a radio in her hand.

Time passed and we reach today. I cycle a lot and when I do, I like listen to music on my iPhone, especially on longer journeys. I also like the fact that the iPhone headphones mean that you can answer a call hands free while cycling and go back to your music afterwards without having to get your actual phone out of your pocket. This saves loads of time and money calling people back when you have missed there calls. You can imagine my frustration when I realised I had misplaced them somewhere in the flat. So today when setting out on the bike to go to White City to work I thought I know I'll play the iPod part of my iPhone and turn the volume up and that way I will have a bit of music on my way to work. Once on the bike I thought I would try out a new 'app' on my iPhone and tuned into Gold FM. It was only really once I had got to Holland Park Road that I realised I was essentially a slightly mad lady with a radio.

It was only a matter of time

No comments:

Post a Comment