Sunday 11 October 2009

paint it black


should I paint my bathroom black? Answer yes!

Yesterday I spent the afternoon 'staining' some untreated Ikea furniture - I wasn't terribly successful at it which is odd as have managed to accdientally stain many things quite well over the years. I am slightly concerned that my whole flat will be decorated with black items and thus reflecting some sort of 'Oh poop I'm 40 and everything is going down hill' way however I cheer myself with my idol's life journey when I am reminded that Susan Sarandon didn't meet Tim Robbins, 12 years younger than her, until she was in her 40s and had the first of their two children when she was 42.


She says Sexuality ... is something that develops and becomes stronger and stronger the older you get... If you can continue to say yes to life and to maintain a certain generosity of spirit, you become more and more of who you are.

I didn't realize that everything was supposed to fall apart at 40. So I just slid past 40 and 50. When you're an outsider and not paying attention to the rules the hurdles are a little lower.


Lovely


1 comment: